Fight the Bite ATV/UTV Benefit Ride

Post ATV ride events or ATV club events
mikeexplorer

Post by mikeexplorer » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:52 am

Saw this on Facebook, cross posting

We are hosting the "Fight the Bite" atv/utv benefit ride for Giovanni Mustica 19 years old who is battling Neurological Lyme Disease. We are hoping to raise as much money as we can for his Stem Cell treatment and expenses. The ride will take place Sunday October 28th at William Walker hose company and Ambulance Corps at 803 Penn Ave Mayfield, Pa 18433. We will be gathering at 9am with a 9:30am departure time. Price of ride is $12 which will pay for your food plate at the Spaghetti Dinner benefit from 2-6pm at the start of the ride location which is were the atv/utv ride will end at. We will be selling "Wheelbarrow of Cheer" tickets on the ride along with a 50/50 raffle. We are taking pre orders for "Fight the Bite" benefit T-Shirts until October 14th. We are looking to raise as much money as we can for this young man so let's show him he's not alone in this fight.

William Walker Hose Co
803 Penn Ave, Mayfield, Pennsylvania 18433

Boondocs
Site Admin

Post by Boondocs » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:10 pm

Do you have a link for this?

mikeexplorer

Post by mikeexplorer » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:37 am

This is the link for the hose company, but the event is not listed on their website.

http://www.59fire.com/

It is posted here on Facebook

Mike

mikeexplorer

Post by mikeexplorer » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:40 am

There isn't much detail about the ride except its for ATV/UTV and that the ride starts at 9:30am. I am assuming it is a guided ride like the Hallstead Poker run, as there are no official trails in Mayfield. So I figure they got permission for the day for the ride. I figure for $12 why not, plus you get the spaghetti dinner included. I am planning to go along with Michelle.

Mike

mikeexplorer

Post by mikeexplorer » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:29 am

Weather has been a tough one this year. Looks like the chance of a shower this morning then it should be good. Still going to the event.

I am interested in seeing where the ride will be.

Mike

mikeexplorer

Post by mikeexplorer » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:46 am

It was a good event, they had about 70 machines for the ride. A mix of ATV/UTV, and dirt bikes. The first half of the ride was a "5-30" club, one long stop was at a water hole for play time. The ride was just under 24 miles. At two of the stops, they sold tickets for a 50/50 and other prizes, which was cool. I didn't win anything. Got back right at 2pm for the spaghetti dinner which was good. You got a salad, the dinner with roll and two brownies, good meal. They looked to be getting a good crowd when we got back. They had over 83 baskets for raffle plus a big 50/50 and a wheelbarrow of cheer. Several issues on the ride with minor flat tires, one guy bent an axle in a creek crossing (nailed a rock hard) and I saw one side by side leaving the event with no back wheel, that had to be interesting.
DSCF0044 (Medium).JPG
DSCF0040 (Medium).JPG
DSCF0063 (Medium).JPG