Welcome to PaBoys ATV Club. Recently started this web forum again based on some interest from GrizzzlyJim (Thanks Jim!). Let me know what you would like to add to the forum. - Enjoy your stay!

Demanding more legal trails in Ne Pa

Post here when organizing local rides
GrizzlyJim

Demanding more legal trails in Ne Pa

Post by GrizzlyJim » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:36 am

How many of us, travel to ride ?
How many of us are aware that there is a 1000+ mile trail system being implemented in the central part of the state ?
Would you like to see the same thing happen in our/your part of Pennsylvania ???
What would you be willing to do to try and get a real trail system in our/your part of Pa ? ( not just 7 or 8 or 15 miles like burnt mills, maple run, dixon miller)
I have grown tired of feeling like a parakeet in a cage, where I go to ride. There aren't too many places (legal) in Ne Pa that I haven't been to. I don't mind travelling but I would like to see more trails in our area where I don't have to look over my shoulder, or worry that my truck will be towed or that some junkie will break into it while I am riding

mikeexplorer

Re: Demanding more legal trails in Ne Pa

Post by mikeexplorer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 am

The Northcentral Trail project is more like 2,000 miles now. This area is tough and political to try to get more legal riding .
Even the attempted expansion of NWORC was squashed by the snowmobile club.

The NCTA project does have plans to expand east, there has been interest in Bradford county to open up roads to ATV's
Perhaps once they see the $$$ that this project will generate, it may change their tune.

Mike